Most of you know about my background and how it has helped me become the man I am today. Microworkz was over 10 years ago and my competitors like VIN Solutions and DealerSocket continue to use it as why folks should pick their software over our obviously superior product. Forget the fact we've never been sued by a dealer and have a perfect record of performance in our space, the only thing they can talk about is me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that they are this nervous but why do they use this stale old issue to try and con dealers into buying their products?
It makes me wonder: Do they even have products to sell or are they peddling partial solutions and playing the "say anything to get the ink" game? Over the course of the past few months we've recorded their demo's and our dealer friends have written countless statements about the shady presentations and backroom fear mongering. For your own enjoyment I thought I'd do a top ten for ya of the funniest comments we've heard:
Top Ten Reasons to Not Buy iMagicLab DealerCRM Auto Dealer Software
10. They changed their name from iCarMagic because Richard Keith Latman was convicted of credit card fraud and the authorities just caught up with him. He's running so he had to change the name!
Truth is we changed because the folks at ICAR (http://www.i-car.com/) were getting our checks and we were getting theirs. Too close of an industry to have 2 ICAR's and we started later so we did what was right.
9. They will hold your data and sell it to your competitors if you ever leave.
This would not only be business suicide but funny as heck that someone dreamed this up.
8. iMagicLab/iCarMagic is a front for organized crime and they are actually money laundering.
Given my background do ya really think I could get away with this?
7. iMagicLab will steal your credit card information and charge thousands of dollars from Russian accounts to finance Richard Keith Latman's watch collection.
OK, I admit, I love watches but I think this would just to too hard for even me to conceive. iMagicLab has used the same credit card processor since the first day we opened. It's easier to dispute card charges than to order a Big Mac and we'd have been shut down years ago. I love the creativity though
6. Latman will try to seduce your employees and has no qualms about trying to sleep with wives and girlfriends
This one is true (kidding)
5. Trust me Bubba Richard Keith Latman is a guy you cannot trust because he's got a history ya know.
Well, lets see, EVERYONE watches me harder than anyone else on the planet so if anyone is gonna lie, cheat or steal it's not going to be me. Besides, unlike VIN Solutions or Dealer Socket (DealerSocket) we don't have to lie to win business (that felt sharp but good)
4. iMagicLab is really Microworkz and Latman is using the hidden millions he stole from Microworkz to fund it's operations.
Nah, we use something or competitors don't know about: Profit. Stop promising the sun and the moon for prices that are impossibly low and you guys might have some too. Either that or stop paying kickbacks to people who bring you into dealers as "references" haha
3. iMagicLab is not really a product at all and is simply a marketing machine designed to generate millions of dollars and then be sold off.
Wait, that describes BZ Results and now the guys who ran that pirate ship full of dealer complaints are in charge of VIN Solutions? Thats just fun
2. Richard Keith Latman is related to Bernie Madoff
Ya gotta love this one said by an AutoBase salesperson. Sorry, no Madoff blood here.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON NOT TO BUY IMAGICLAB DEALERCRM AUTO DEALER SOFTWARE IS:
1. Richard Keith Latman is not running the place, he's actually in Federal Prison!
OMG, too funny but I already blogged about what a DealerSocket rep told an auto group in MA
More to come... have a great day